Senior Product Manager - Data Infrastructure
Compass is a technology-driven real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, and seamless.
As a Sr. Product Manager of the Data Infrastructure team, you will work with a group of data engineers and data analysts to build the Compass data platform. Our team’s mission is to envision, build and deploy the next generation end-to-end platform for data ingestion, processing, storage, scheduling and analysis at massive scale to provide leverage for Compass. Every team at Compass—product, engineering, operations, product experts, people and culture and leadership rely on our platform to make data-informed decisions as well as power the business with data.
- Lead the prioritization and implementation of features and products across the Craft data platform including but not limited to data pipelines, alerts and analytics, data infrastructure, API (250+ fields), ETL, data quality and coverage projects.
- Identify data platform opportunities and establish a shared product vision, strategy and roadmap to make the vision a reality
- Lead the definition, development, and launch of data platform systems and features
- Work closely with key internal business stakeholders (e.g. engineering, analysts, product managers) to understand user needs with data, identify gaps in our offerings and form product requirements
- Enable product teams to maximize efficiency and establish best practices in a fluid environment
- Use our data products on a regular basis in order to empathize with users
- Own and lead the outcome for providing every Compass employee with trusted data infrastructure. Set ambitious goals, and measure and quantify impact on a regular basis
- Champion and build a culture of data informed decision making
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field (Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related field)
- 4+ years of product management or related experience
- Proven experience launching successful products and features related to data infrastructure
- Deep familiarity with Big Data infrastructure technologies (such as Kafka, Hadoop, Spark and Redshift), relational databases and data products generally
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Looker or Tableau is a plus
- Highly technical, garnering respect from engineers
- Strong organizational, analytical & problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical team members up to and including executives in a highly collaborative environment
- Deep understanding and empathy for users
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, high-growth and rapidly changing environment
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top