Senior Product Manager
Compass is a technology-driven real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, and seamless.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager in Washington, DC to own the planning, execution and delivery of products that enables Compass to deliver an exceptional agent experience, as part of the team that joined via the acquisition of Contactually in March 2019. You should be comfortable working with many different business and product teams and have the ability to break down and solve complex problems. You should be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner and be comfortable interacting with executives and other stakeholder groups to build consensus, define an approach and rationale for prioritization, and communicate project status, findings, and escalations on a regular basis.
- Be the product owner for all experiences related to the development, launch, measurement and strategic mix for one or more Compass products
- Identifying opportunities and creating clear and measurable plans to build products that drive key business outcomes.
- Defining and analyzing product usage metrics to diagnose user problems and to measure the efficacy of your work.
- Maintaining the product backlog, user stories, and other product documentation to ensure the efficient delivery of your team’s sprint commitments.
- Collaborating with a team of designers and engineers to curate winning ideas and plan implementation sequences.
- Partnering with Product Marketing to communicate the timing and value of your team’s work to internal and external stakeholders.
- Participating in all product team meetings, including daily standups, sprint kickoffs, retrospectives, and planning sessions.
- 5+ years experience in product management roles building and launching successful targeted marketing products
- Strong technical background, either from academic, engineering, or hands-on product development experience
- Ability to effectively gather qualitative and quantitative information, going beyond feature requests to get to key user needs, and the ability to rationalize across and resolve stakeholder differences
- Understand agile product principles and have experience successfully applying them in your product development process
- Strong consensus and relationship-building skills, with experience marshaling resources across different functions of an organization
- An ability to take ownership and lead by influencing others, without the need to project formal authority, especially in cross-functional and executive settings
- Comfort with collaborating with internal UX and Engineering teams and external consultants and systems integrators in an agile environment
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top