Senior Product Designer
- New York, NY
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to drive a customer-centered UX strategy and execute on seamless workflow experiences for our agent experience. You should be comfortable collaborating inside of a cross-functional partnership and leading design thinking with your team. You should have a passion for contributing to the larger design organization through improvements to our process framework, alignment on best practices, and commitment to building a holistic ecosystem for our agents. You should be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner and be comfortable interacting with executives and other stakeholder groups to define an approach, present cohesive experiences, articulate decisions, and build alignment.
Design at Compass
Designers lead the full lifecycle of their designs across all platforms, collaborate with product managers on strategy, participate in research to test and validate designs, and consult with engineering to make everything come to life.
About the Role
This role is to join our Productivity Apps team: responsible for creating a cohesive and unified workflow across an optimized set of agent tools. We make it easier for our agents to manage and prioritize their daily tasks and facilitate meaningful discovery and communication between agents and their clients.
What We Look For:
We’re looking for an experienced product designer who loves and has had success in simplifying complex workstreams into simple, intuitive experiences. You bring a solid knowledge of best practices and a keen ability to leverage data insights to substantially improve the value and performance of the products you work on. You value feedback, care deeply about quality, and are outcomes focused.
While this isn’t a managerial role, you will help drive critical thinking and team alignment around solving the right problems. You are a meaningful contributor to strategic thinking and planning and are comfortable thinking two or three quarters ahead. You enjoy mentoring designers and can effectively share and communicate your design process in a way contributes to the growth of others.
In addition to being a strategic partner, you love to execute the creation of great user experiences: mapping seamless flows, contributing components to our design system, and geeking out on UI details or interaction patterns. You’re hands-on and excited to roll up your sleeves and get things done as part of a dynamic team.
You have pixel-perfect standards with exceptional interaction design skills and an eye for accessibility and usability. You’ll collaborate with front-end and back-end engineers to ensure well-executed, high-quality experiences on Web, iOS, and Android.
You have extensive knowledge of best-in-class industry standard patterns across web and native mobile platforms and an understanding of how to best integrate these patterns into our system. You also have a strong knowledge of platform affordances and how to use their constraints to enhance the features you design.
What You Get To Do Every Day:
- Own the iterative design process of major feature initiatives from concept to shipping
- Meaningfully collaborate with PMs on product specs.
- Participate in extensive user research, identifying key pain points and solving for them.
- Pair with engineers to realize your designs on all platforms (web, iOS, Android).
- Be constantly on the lookout for best practices, design patterns and anti-patterns, throughout various industries and platforms.
- Participate in sprint planning and quarterly roadmap discussions.
- Be a key player on a small but mighty team making a huge impact
- At least 5-7 years experience designing enterprise and/or enterprise software
- Thinks in terms of design systems and makes rational and logical design decisions
- Knowledge of modern, emerging web and mobile UI patterns and design tools
- Flourishes in an environment of continuous learning and eager to advance your craft further
- Strong technical background with an understanding of the basics of modern applications
- Ability to communicate and collaborate on cross-functional teams
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.
Back to top