Senior Mobile Engineer, iOS (Remote)
- New York, NY
Senior Mobile Engineer, iOS (Remotely working with our distributed team)
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
You are an engineer with more than seven years' mobile application experience who is passionate about creating a fantastic experience. You want to make your mark and help shape one of NYC's fastest-growing startups. You feel that it is critical that your voice is heard in product and business decisions.
You have strong opinions on code structure and modularization. You are a great listener, communicator, and collaborator. You take care to understand before making yourself understood.
About the Role:
As a Mobile Engineer for Mobile, you will lead one or more engineering teams to build the cutting edge native mobile application that empowers people to make smarter real estate decisions. You will be building products that have not been built before that solves real-world problems to augment the real estate industry and its complex transactions. You will work closely with our product team to bring our technology vision to life for both agents and consumers.
You will use your strong technical skills to mentor team members and drive engineering excellence. You will take pride in the agility and workmanship of your team. You will have a built, cultivate and influence a strong sense of customer empathy and customer backward thinking around your sphere of influence. You believe in continuously improving operational processes and procedures.
At Compass You Will:
- Create and refine high-performance mobile apps that push the limits of mobile technology to solve a real-world problem
- Build novel real estate products for agents and consumers that helps get their jobs done and run smoothly
- Design, architect, and implement well-tested code in Swift codebase.
- Mentor junior developers, lead the implementation of features, work cross-functionally to unblock your team
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the Compass experience for the iOS platform
- Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance
- Carefully evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Carry out code reviews to guarantee code quality
- Work remotely with our distributed team
What We Look For:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent field
- 7+ years' experience developing mobile application for iOS environment.
- Strong CS fundamentals (algorithms and data structures) and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of software design patterns and iOS best practices
- Ability to collaborate across engineering and design teams
- Ability to recognize and implement modern product design
- Team players who can be solutions-driven while collaborating without ego
- Experience with Swift and iOS ecosystem
- Bonus: Experience with CoreML, AR/VR technologies.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out our Engineering blog!
Back to top