Senior Mobile Engineer, iOS
- New York, NY
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As a Mobile Engineer, you will work to build a cutting edge native mobile application that empowers people to make smarter real estate decisions. You will be building products that have not been built before that solves real-world problems to augment the real estate industry and its complex transactions. You will work closely with our product team to bring our technology vision to life for both agents and consumers.
You will use your strong technical skills to mentor team members and drive engineering excellence. You will take pride in the agility and workmanship of your team. You will have a built, cultivate and influence a strong sense of customer empathy and customer backward thinking around your sphere of influence. You believe in continuously improving operational processes and procedures.
You have strong opinions on code structure and modularization. You are a great listener, communicator, and collaborator. You take great care to understand before making yourself understood.
At Compass You Will:
- Create and refine high-performance mobile apps that push the limits of mobile technology to solve a real-world problem
- Build novel real estate products for agents and consumers that helps get their jobs done and run smoothly
- Design, architect, and implement well-tested code in Swift codebase.
- Mentor junior developers, lead the implementation of features, work cross-functionally to unblock your team
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the Compass experience for the iOS platform
- Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance
- Carefully evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Carry out code reviews to guarantee code quality
What We Look For:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent field
- 7+ years' experience developing mobile application for iOS environment.
- Strong CS fundamentals (algorithms and data structures) and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of software design patterns and iOS best practices
- Ability to collaborate across engineering and design teams
- Ability to recognize and implement modern product design
- Team players who can be solutions-driven while collaborating without ego
- Experience with Swift and iOS ecosystem
- Bonus: Experience with CoreML, AR/VR technologies.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out our Engineering blog!
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in ourCompass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.
Back to top