Senior Manager, Corporate FP&A
- New York, NY
Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the country’s top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell and rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, and have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
As Compass experiences massive growth, we are looking for the best and brightest to drive strategic business decisions. The FP&A [Senior] Manager will manage aspects of the annual budget, quarterly forecasts, data analytics, cross-functional business partnering and special projects, as well as building robust financial models in support of various capital market transactions. This role will report directly to the FP&A Director.
At Compass You Will:
- Establish a deep understanding of the business and leverage data to build insights about our markets, products and competitors.
- Develop robust financial models and scenario planning focused on driving profitability, as well as preparing the company for capital market transactions.
- Facilitate the annual budget and quarterly forecast process for corporate HQ departments, including analysis of consolidated projections and preparing management-level presentations.
- Be a strategic finance business partner to the Strategic Growth and Agent Growth Teams, providing data-driven insights for more informed decision making.
- Manage departmental cost center budgets and serve as a finance business partner to the respective budget owners.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of robust, consistent and accurate analysis of business performance using KPI dashboards and non-financial data to highlight performance.
- Analyze data and facilitate sound management decisions through financial and metric reporting while highlighting material variances, trends, & risks/opportunities, and providing insightful commentary to the business and partners.
- Support the Vice President and Director of FP&A in the development and ongoing improvement of the FP&A function, including driving consistency and improvement in business analysis and reporting.
- Perform ad hoc analyses on financial data and business requests to monitor tactical decisions and enable strategic decision making
What We’re Looking For
- CPA/MBA/investment banking experience highly preferred
- 7+ years of analytical/finance experience
- Real Estate/Brokerage industry, Management Consulting experience is a plus
- Positive attitude and solutions-oriented approach.
- Ability and desire to be hands on in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Ability to manipulate and model large volumes of data, interpret and identify pertinent issues
- Advanced proficiency level in Excel (advanced formulas; pivot tables; modelling, etc.) and PowerPoint (presenting information in a meaningful & concise manner)
- Adaptive, Tableau and NetSuite experience highly preferred
- CRM experience; Sales Force experience highly preferred
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking ability
- Excellent presentation skills
- Leadership capabilities for both of direct team and across peer group (finance and non-finance)
- Ability to work with and influence non-finance teams based on robust data and analysis
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties and strong attention to detail
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top