Senior iOS Engineer, Productivity Apps
- New York, NY
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
The Mobile Productivity Apps Team is a cross-functional group focused on creating unique product solutions in support of our efforts to help everyone find their place in the world. We are responsible for rebuilding the traditional home buying experience and our wide scope of ownership includes essential Compass tools, such as Collections, Market Watch, Notifications, Tours, Open House, Marketing Center, etc. We are the team that builds the pipeline that guides a customer from their initial home search all the way through to the listing they consider "the one". This pipeline includes hundreds of interactions, from minor nudges encouraging agents and clients to connect, to key events like attending a live-streamed tour of a home. Your role would be to lead this pipeline’s technical architecture, with a focus on the iOS platform.
As a Senior Mobile Engineer, you will be building software that solves immediate user problems while setting a foundation for long term product goals. You will place yourself in the shoes of the end-user and advocate for their best interest. You love to learn, and equally love to share your knowledge with others. You are a great communicator and you take care to understand before making yourself understood. You enjoy experimenting with new frameworks and libraries, and taking calculated risks for what technologies your team should adopt.
At Compass You Will:
- Create and refine high-performance mobile apps that push the limits of mobile technology to solve a real-world problem.
- Build novel real estate products for agents and consumers that help get their jobs done and run smoothly.
- Build out best-in-class notifications infrastructure which can scale to millions of notifications per hour.
- Design, architect, and implement well-tested code in Swift codebase.
- Mentor junior developers, lead the implementation of features, work cross-functionally to unblock your team
- Collaborate with product and design to move fast on creating solutions to business problems.
- Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology and products and an empathetic partner to our customers.
- Continually champion improvement by identifying ways to raise the quality bar of the team and systems around you.
What We Look For:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent field
- 7+ years' experience developing mobile applications for iOS environment.
- Strong CS fundamentals (algorithms and data structures) and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of software design patterns and iOS best practices
- History of delivering products/systems through their full life cycle, from idea conception, technical planning, implementation, launch, measurement, and maintenance/iteration.
- Prior experience collaborating with UX, Design, and Product Managers.
- Team players who can be solutions-driven while collaborating without ego
- Experience with Swift and iOS ecosystem
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.
Back to top