Senior iOS Engineer, Core Platform
- New York, NY
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
The mission of the Core Platform team is to build a mobile platform that enables innovation and throughput at a high rate of speed and efficiency. We put quality first as we deliver constant incremental innovations. Join us as we work to deliver a vision of 1 hour release times, a fully-autonomous modular feature architecture, and a mobile-first backend for the frontend.
As a Senior Mobile Engineer, you will lead feature development across a variety of tools both internal and external to create a seamless automated development environment embracing the latest and greatest in a 100% swift codebase. You will collaborate with feature engineers to encapsulate mobile tooling into internal SaaS frameworks in a sandboxed environment. You will be a force multiplier and enable those around yourself to achieve 10x their potential.
At Compass You Will:
- Create and refine high-performance mobile apps that push the limits of mobile technology to solve a real-world problem
- Build novel real estate products for agents and consumers that help get their jobs done and run smoothly
- Design, architect, and implement well-tested code in Swift codebase.
- Develop a product mindset when it comes to stitching together.
- Mentor junior developers, lead the implementation of features, work cross-functionally to unblock your team
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the Compass experience for the iOS platform
- Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance
- Carefully evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Carry out code reviews to guarantee code quality
What We Look For:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent field
- 7+ years' experience developing mobile applications for iOS environment.
- Strong CS fundamentals (algorithms and data structures) and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of software design patterns and iOS best practices
- Ability to collaborate across engineering and design teams
- Ability to recognize and implement modern product design
- Team players who can be solutions-driven while collaborating without ego
- Experience with Swift and iOS ecosystem
- Experience with tools such as:
- Cocoapods/Swift Package Manager
- Reactive Programming
- CICD pipelines
- CLI interfaces
- RESTful APIs
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.
Back to top