Senior Full Stack Engineer - Transaction Management Platform
- New York, NY
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you are comfortable working on any part of the stack, from making a great interface to debugging our distributed infrastructure. Your code is architected for modularity and re-use. You have strong opinions on code structure and style. You also possess strong algorithmic and data structure knowledge.
About the the team:
The Transaction Management Platform team is building a platform to manage everything from agent onboarding, to contract terms, to commission processing, to payments. Historically, agents have to manually enter data into a number of places. We have several systems where agents enter their deal data, salesforce, netsuite, skyslope etc. We’re trying to make this much easier by creating one platform for the agent’s financial transaction data. The rest of the Compass engineering org will use this platform as a microservice framework to build on top of. This will also drive the development of applications for internal transaction coordinators and commission specialists.
What We Look For:
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent
- 6+ years experience in Java, Go, Python, or other server-side language
- 6+ years of experience in writing complete, well-tested, database-driven web applications
- RESTful API design
- In-depth understanding and hands on experience with relational databases and SQL (e.g., Postgres)
- Extensive experience with a major cloud provider, for instance, AWS
- Familiarity with a real-time data streaming on Kafka or Kinesis
- Familiarity with API design patterns (oAuth, tokens, JSON)
- Familiarity with data encoding libraries, such as Avro, Protobuf, or Thrift
- High attention to detail and quality
- Strong business communication skills
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.
Back to top