Senior Full Stack Engineer (Remote)
- New York, NY
Senior Full Stack Engineer - Identity Team (Remote)
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers, and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile, and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
About The Role:
Compass’ Identity Team is building Compass’ Identity Service as a core, tier-1 system at the center of this platform. Our mission is to provide a seamless sign-up, login, and authentication experience for every user of our growing number of products and web services, including agents, consumers, staff and, eventually, 3rd party developers. As the source of truth for all users on the Compass platform, every one of our applications will depend on the Identity service for authentication and access. Operational excellence is required - security, performance, and availability at scale can’t be compromised.
You are a senior full stack engineer who is passionate about creating a fantastic user experience and you feel it is critical that your voice is heard in product and business decisions. You love to learn, and equally love to share your knowledge with others. You are a great communicator and you take care to understand before making yourself understood. You will participate in all aspects of our development and provide expertise on both front and back end.
You are comfortable working on any part of the stack, from making a great interface to debugging our distributed infrastructure. Your code is architected for modularity and re-use. You have strong opinions on code structure and style.
At Compass You Will:
- Build the front door to the Compass platform -- and some core and game-changing tools that come with it
- Work cross functionally with Product & Engineering, IT and Security teams to operate a secure, scalable and performant system
- Flex (or grow) your ReactJS and GoLang muscles with opportunities to implement some Serverless automation as necessary too!
- Join a great team with a lot of visibility and some challenging projects on the horizon
What We're Looking For:
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent
- Track record as a technical leader with cross-team impact
- 6+ years of experience writing complete, well-tested, database-driven web applications
- 6+ years of experience programming in languages like Java, Python, and Go (we use all three here at Compass)
- Experience designing larger systems: particularly web services and RESTful APIs, microservice architectures, and data ingestion with a particular emphasis of industry-standard best practices
- An understanding of the Identity and Access Management space
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience with PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Memcached
- Experienced with AWS services such as EC2, S3, Lambda, and Kinesis
- A security-minded engineer. You are familiar with application security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Check out our Engineering blog
Check out our Engineering blog
Back to top