Senior Full Stack Engineer - Performance Engineering (Remote)
- New York, NY
Senior Full Stack Engineer - Performance Engineering
SEATTLE, WA (REMOTE)
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers, and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile, and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest-growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
At Compass, our mission is to “help everyone find their place in the world.” We celebrate the diverse communities we are a part of, and strive to reflect that diversity in our hiring. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
About the Role
As an engineer on the Performance Engineering team, you will use your skills to create a crucial part of the company's technical infrastructure. Our team develops and refines solutions that help engineers monitor the software they build. We provide tools to engineering leaders that help them understand the performance and costs of the services for which they are responsible. We integrate tools that give product owners, designers, and support teams insight into how customers use Compass software. We supervise and consult on the incident response process at the company.
You are a developer who is passionate about setting a high bar for quality across the company. You can pride yourself on your ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of roles and experience levels. A sense of ownership for the product you work on is important to you. You love to learn and equally love to share your knowledge with others. You are a great communicator, and you take care to understand before making yourself understood. You enjoy trying new frameworks and libraries.
At Compass You Will:
- Build, develop, and scale the monitoring solutions used by engineering teams at the company.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on monitoring and incident response.
- Collaborate with engineers and others from across the company.
- Inspire, recruit, and mentor your engineering colleagues.
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies.
- Build a company that is admired worldwide for its engineering culture.
What We Look For:
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent.
- Proven track record working in top talent and high-performance environments.
- Knowledge of best-practices and architectural patterns for modern front end applications.
- Multiple instances of leading and owning projects from beginning to end.
- Comprehensive experience with agile methodologies and automated testing with some exposure to TDD & pair programming.
- Experience collaborating with engineers outside of your immediate team.
- Experience with Typescript, ES6, or Webpack is a plus.
- Experience with monitoring tools like Datadog, New Relic, or App Dynamics a plus.
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration, and delivery is a plus.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Check out our Engineering blog
Back to top