Senior Full Stack Engineer - Listing Apps
- New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) - Listing Apps
New York City
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
About the Team:
The Listing Apps team is responsible for a critical piece in the suite of Compass real estate tools. With ownership of the listing page and key product-facing services in the data pipeline, the team is in charge of any listing data display across the platform. Listing data is the building block of any real estate activity, and as such our products are integrated into virtually all other products, serving as the nexus between data and its usage. With such high impact and visibility, the team excels at collaboration, agility, and scale. In 2020 we’re focusing our efforts on creating a more robust distributed system to better serve our clients, as well as introducing exciting new product features that will render the Compass platform invaluable to our customers.
About the Role:
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you are comfortable working on any part of the stack, from making a great interface to debugging our distributed infrastructure. Your code is architected for modularity and re-use. You have strong opinions on code structure and style. You’re passionate about products that look great and are easy to use. You also possess strong algorithmic and data structure knowledge.
At Compass You Will:
- Build, develop and scale our platform that powers real estate agents, buyers and sellers
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology and products and an empathetic partner to our customers
- Inspire, recruit and mentor your engineering colleagues
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
- Work closely with Product, Design, User research and product marketing
What We Look For:
- 5+ years experience working across a web stack
- 3+ years experience with object oriented programming such as Java
- BS in CS or equivalent
- Strong critical thinking skills, great communication skills and passionate about delivering exceptional customer experience
- Experience with Redux, TypeScript, NPM, Webpack is a plus
- Experience working on large scale systems in rapid growth environments
- Can contribute best-practices and architectural leadership to our front end applications
- Experience with multiple well-known products throughout their life cycles, from idea conception to product release and maintenance
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Check out our Engineering blog!
Back to top