Senior Full Stack Engineer - Data Platform
- New York, NY
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the “Artificial Intelligence” that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform real estate. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
About the Role:
As a Senior Software Engineer at Compass Data Platform Team, you will use your experience with modern cloud and data frameworks to build products that improve every step of the real estate agent, buyer and seller experience at Compass. Leveraging the data-rich features of the real estate industry, you will build technology that aggregates billions of real estate listings and other data points, develop an industry-leading consumer experience for searching and selecting real estate, support the day to day productivity of a real estate agent with web and mobile applications while also supporting the growth of the world’s most scalable brokerage.
At Compass You Will:
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you are comfortable working on any part of the stack, from making a great interface to debugging our distributed infrastructure. Your code is architected for modularity and re-use. You have strong opinions on code structure and style. You also possess strong algorithmic and data structure knowledge
What We Look For:
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent
- 6+ years experience in Java, Go, Python, or other server-side language
- 6+ years of experience in writing complete, well-tested, database-driven web applications
- RESTful API design
- In-depth understanding and hands on experience with relational databases and SQL (e.g., Postgres)
- Extensive experience with a major cloud provider, for instance, AWS
- Familiarity with a real-time data streaming on Kafka or Kinesis
- Familiarity with API design patterns (oAuth, tokens, JSON)
- Familiarity with data encoding libraries, such as Avro, Protobuf, or Thrift
- High attention to detail and quality
- Strong business communication skills
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Back to top