Senior Full Stack Engineer - Agent/Client Collaboration
- New York, NY
About the Role
On the Agent-Client Collaboration team, we build the pipeline that guides a customer from their initial home search all the way through to the listing they consider "the one". This pipeline includes hundreds of interactions, from minor nudges encouraging agents and clients to connect, to key events like attending a live-streamed tour of a home. Your role would be to lead this pipeline’s technical architecture, with a focus on web front-end.
You want to build software that solves immediate user problems while setting a foundation for long term product goals. You can place yourself in the shoes of the end-user and advocate for their best interest. You love to learn, and equally love to share your knowledge with others. You are a great communicator and you take care to understand before making yourself understood. You enjoy experimenting with new frameworks and libraries, and taking calculated risks for what technologies your team should adopt.
At Compass You Will:
- Lead the tech planning and development of the front end and middleware of our workflow products that power collaboration between buyers, sellers, and real estate agents.
- Work with our backend engineers to design and implement intuitive APIs and webhooks in Java and Go.
- Collaborate with product and design to move fast on creating solutions to business problems.
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology and products and an empathetic partner to our customers.
- Inspire, recruit, and mentor your engineering colleagues.
- Continually champion improvement by identifying ways to raise the quality bar of the team and systems around you.
What We Look For:
- Experience building large, complex systems, particularly web services, RESTful APIs, and microservice architectures with emphasis on industry best practices.
- History of delivering products/systems through their full life cycle, from idea conception, technical planning, implementation, launch, measurement, and maintenance/iteration.
- Prior experience collaborating with UX, Design, and Product Managers.
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery.
- Knowledge or strong interest in Java or Go.
- 5+ years experience preferred.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out our Engineering blog!
Back to top