Senior Frontend Engineer - Agent/Client Collaboration
- Washington, DC
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform real estate. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
You are a senior developer who is passionate about creating a differentiated consumer experience and you feel it is critical that your voice is heard in product and business decisions. You love to learn, and equally love to share your knowledge with others. You’re both a listener and contributor. You are a great communicator and you take care to understand before making yourself understood.You love trying out new frameworks and libraries.
About the Role
On the Agent-Client Collaboration team, we build the pipeline that guides a customer from their initial home search all the way through to the listing they consider "the one". This pipeline includes hundreds of interactions, from minor nudges encouraging agents and clients to connect, to key events like attending a live-streamed tour of a home. Your role would be to lead this pipeline’s technical architecture, with a focus on web front-end.
At Compass You Will:
- Build, develop and scale the front end of our Agent/Client Collaboration tools that powers real estate agents, buyers and sellers
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology and products and an empathetic partner to our customers
- Inspire, recruit and mentor your engineering colleagues
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
What We Look For:
- Experience with Redux, ES6, NPM, webpack is a plus
- Can contribute best-practices and architectural leadership to our frontend applications
- In-depth experiencing leading and owning projects from beginning to end
- In-depth experience with with TDD and agile methodologies
- Experience collaborating closely with UX and Product Managers
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery is a plus
- Proven track record working in top talent and high performance environments
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent (job experience, bootcamps, etc)
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out our Engineering blog!
Back to top