Senior Front End Engineer - Identity Team
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the “Artificial Intelligence” that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform real estate. In 2019 we will triple the size of our engineering team and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer focused on our Identity team, you will use your knowledge of modern web frameworks to build features that improve the experience of all of Compass’ agents, buyers and sellers. You’ll create a seamless sign-up, login and authentication experience for our growing number of products and services and work cross functionally with other Product & Engineering teams to develop an industry leading consumer experience.
You are a senior developer who is passionate about creating a differentiated consumer experience and you feel it is critical that your voice is heard in product and business decisions. You love to learn, and equally love to share your knowledge with others. You’re both a listener and contributor. You are a great communicator and you take care to understand before making yourself understood.You love trying out new frameworks and libraries.
You bend HTML and CSS to your will. Your HTML is semantic, and you are a master of your CSS pre-processor. You like variables in your CSS and your HTML is modular and templated. When you collaborate, you git rebase -i.
At Compass You Will:
- Own entire projects from beginning to end
- Collaborate with product and design to move fast on creating solutions to business problems.
- Inspire, recruit and mentor your engineering colleagues
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
What We Look For:
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent
- Experience with Redux, ES6,Webpack is a plus
- Can contribute best-practices and architectural leadership to our front end applications
- In-depth experiencing leading and owning projects from beginning to end
- In-depth experience with agile methodologies and automated testing with some exposure to TDD & pair programming
- An understanding of the Identity and Access Management space. Previous experience working with either AWS Cognito, Auth0, Okta or another IAM service is a plus.
- Experience collaborating closely with UX and Product Managers
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Check out our Engineering blog!
Back to top