Senior Front End Engineer – Consumer Search
- New York, NY
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform real estate. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
About the Role:
As part of our Consumer Search team, you’ll be responsible for crafting a best-in-class home search experience for our users. You’ll work closely with our product team to deliver new features, and to iterate on existing ones. You’ll be informed by user-research and feel empowered to contribute to product and business decisions. And you’ll lean on your passion for technology to suggest and make improvements to our tech stack and infrastructure.
You love to learn, and equally love to share your knowledge with others. You’re both a listener and contributor. You are a great communicator and you take care to understand before making yourself understood. You love trying out new frameworks and libraries.
At Compass You Will:
- Build, develop and scale the front end of our platform that powers the compass.com experience for buyers, sellers and real estate agents
- Collaborate with product and design to move fast on creating solutions to business problems
- Inspire, recruit and mentor your engineering colleagues
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
What We Look For:
- Experience with Node server frameworks like Koa or Express
- Experience with Typescript, Webpack is a plus
- Can contribute best-practices and architectural leadership to our front end applications
- In-depth experience leading and owning projects from beginning to end
- Experience with automated testing with some exposure to TDD
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery is a plus
- Experience working in an agile, team-oriented environment
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent (job experience, bootcamps, etc)
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Check out our Engineering blog!
Back to top