Senior FP&A Analyst - San Francisco
- San Francisco, CA
Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the country’s top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell and rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, and have grown to over 1,800 employees in the last 2 years.
As Compass experiences massive growth, we are looking for the best and brightest to drive strategic business decisions. The Senior FP&A Analyst will assist with regular reforecasting, the annual budgeting process, cross-functional analysis, and special projects. The Senior Analyst will provide support to the FP&A team including developing key reporting packages, cash / capital expenditure analysis, identifying and tracking KPIs, and other key projects. This role will report directly to the FP&A Director.
At Compass You Will:
- Establish a deep understanding of the business and leverage data to build insights about our markets, products and competitors
- Contribute to profitability by providing the visibility and insights necessary to effectively manage regional and departmental P&Ls
- Developing reporting tools within Adaptive Insights and provide financial partnership to sales managers and general managers, e.g., provide sales managers and regional leadership with visibility into agent terms
- Design reporting packages that include trends on cash and regional level P&Ls
- Assist in creating the Annual Operating Plan (the Budget) and the company Long Range Plan
- Identify market sizes and potential expansion opportunities
What We’re Looking For:
- Ability to develop strong relationships with others and communicate effectively in meetings
- Must possess excellent analytical, financial modeling and presentation skills with the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations for senior management and other stakeholders
- Positive attitude and solutions-oriented approach. Ability and desire to be hands on in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Humble team player who understands the importance of the role as a key support partner to the operating team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Systems aptitude and process mapping skills strongly preferred
- Strong Excel modeling skills
- Proactive individual seeking additional responsibility at all times
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top