Senior Engineering Manager, Listing Applications - New York City
We are looking for a passionate engineering leader to join the Listing Applications team at Compass. Our goal is to build products to display, create and edit all the world’s real estate data. We build the applications around the core of the Compass real data platform with high requirements around performance and SEO. The team charter includes having best in class inventory breath of selection, depth of information and freshness.
As a Senior Engineering Manager at Compass, you will lead an engineering team to build state of the art technology that empowers people to make smarter real estate decisions. You will work closely with our product team to bring our technology vision to life for both agents and consumers. You will use your strong technical skills to mentor team members and drive engineering excellence. You find immense value in the success of your team, emphasizing collaboration and facilitating continuous learning and improvement for the team and its members. You believe in continuously improving operational processes and procedures.
At Compass You Will:
- Be a subject matter expert in relevant technology and product domains
- Lead and mentor engineers and tech leads
- Lead the effort in developing and launching multiple new products, and maintaining and improving existing products
- Contribute technically to projects
- Contribute to creating an excellent work environment and engineering culture
- Contribute to building top quality engineering teams and technology practices
- Assist in designing, developing, shipping, and maintaining mobile experiences across platforms
What We Look For:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience, MS/PhD preferred
- 5+ years of software engineering experience and 4+ years of management experience
- A highly technical, hands-on developer and an effective people manager with experience directly leading teams
- Experience in designing, developing, and maintaining modern web and mobile applications optimized for performance and SEO
- Proven track record of agile management with multiple engineering teams and products
- Excellent communication skills, utilized to collaborate both within Engineering and across all functions of the company to drive engineering initiatives
- Excellent mentoring and review skills to help engineers make technical and career progress
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Check out our Engineering blog!
Back to top