At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Transaction Management Platform team, you will use your experience with modern cloud and data frameworks to build products that improve every step of the real estate agent, buyer and seller experience at Compass. Leveraging the data-rich features of the real estate industry, you will build technology that aggregates billions of real estate listings and other data points, develop an industry-leading consumer experience for searching and selecting real estate, support the day to day productivity of a real estate agent with web and mobile applications while also supporting the growth of the world’s most scalable brokerage.
The Transaction Management Platform team is building a platform to manage everything from agent onboarding, to contract terms, to commission processing, to payments. Historically, agents have to manually enter data into a number of places. We have several systems where agents enter their deal data, salesforce, netsuite, skyslope etc. We’re trying to make this much easier by creating one platform for the agent’s financial transaction data. The rest of the Compass engineering org will use this platform as a microservice framework to build on top of. This will also drive the development of applications for internal transaction coordinators and commission specialists.
What We Look For:
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent
- Track record as a technical leader with cross-team impact
- 6+ years of experience writing complete, well-tested, database-driven web applications
- 6+ years of experience programming in languages like Java, Python, and Go (we use all three here at Compass)
- Experience designing larger systems: particularly web services and RESTful APIs, microservice architectures, and data ingestion
- In-depth understanding and hands on experience with relational databases and SQL (e.g., Postgres)
- Experience with a real-time data streaming on Kafka or Kinesis
- Familiarity with API design patterns (oAuth, tokens, JSON)
- Familiarity with data encoding libraries, such as Avro, Protobuf, or Thrift
- Strong business communication skills
- High attention to detail and quality
- Experience with a major cloud provider, for instance, AWS
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out our Engineering blog!