Senior Backend Engineer - Agent Finance Apps
- New York, NY
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the “Artificial Intelligence” that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform real estate. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
At Compass You Will:
We are looking for an experienced backend software engineer who is interested in working with a talented startup team in building a new financial management product to help agents understand how their business is performing. You will have the opportunity to pioneer entirely new systems and methodologies that help agents more effectively manage their cash flow, spend, track commissions, and manage payments. You will participate in designing and implementing a number of backend services to ingest, organize, analyze and present agents with financial data.
What We Look For:
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent
- Track record as a technical leader with cross-team impact
- 6+ years of experience writing complete, well-tested, database-driven web applications
- 6+ years of experience programming in languages like Java, Python, and Go (we use all three here at Compass)
- Experience designing larger systems: particularly web services and RESTful APIs, microservice architectures, and data ingestion.
- In-depth understanding and hands on experience with relational databases and SQL (e.g., Postgres)
- Experience with a real-time data streaming on Kafka or Kinesis
- Familiarity with API design patterns (oAuth, tokens, JSON)
- Familiarity with data encoding libraries, such as Avro, Protobuf, or Thrift
- Strong business communication skills
- High attention to detail and quality
- Experience with a major cloud provider, for instance, AWS
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top