Security Operations Lead/Manager
- New York, NY
Manager or Lead, Security Operations (Detection & Response)
Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
Engineering @ Compass
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the “Artificial Intelligence” that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform real estate.
Security @ Compass
We are hands-on security engineers helping to build secure, resilient, and scalable web apps, mobile apps, and platform for the real estate industry. We work with a diverse set of teams to provide and support transparent and automated security tooling and services. We architect secure web products, perform simulated attacks, identify weaknesses, and work with teams to remediate and protect our products. You will lead our effort to build security as a service to drive safe-by-default environments and drive customer trust.
What you will do:
- Lead detection and response capabilities within Security Operations focusing on creating high-fidelity alerts and automated responses driving towards SOCLess capabilities
- Define Incident Response Frameworks and handling for compass environments (AWS, GSuite)
- Develop people and teams through mentoring and feedback
- Participate in monitoring, validating, classifying and responding to security events
- Build out information security response and grow multiple Incident Commander
- Develop detection capabilities on repeated events to automate run books
- Partner with additional information security teams to improve operational capabilities and provide preventative control feedback to relevant stakeholders
- Conduct regular assessments on detection and response controls to improve the security posture and prevent regression
- Drive telemetry around compass platform and leveraged technologies
Who you are:
- You are empathetic and accountable while helping contribute to improve the security program and our customers trust
- Able to communicate about security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques in an accessible way to a variety of audiences
- You take an automation-first approach to everything you do. You understand the challenges of scale for security and leverage automation whenever possible
- Demonstrated team growth managing a team or acting as team lead to help develop skills through mentoring, coaching, and regular 1:1s
- Enjoy the challenge of the investigation to identify root cause and drive impactful responses
- Knowledge and understanding of detection and incident response disciplines; current threats, modern attacker exploits and persistence techniques
- Experience working with multiple departments and functions leading an Incident Response
- Ability to analyze and correlate across large and diverse datasets to provide relevant data points and remediation actions
- Demonstrate strong understanding in a few of the following areas: Web Application Security, Cloud Infrastructure, Network Security, Operating system security, and Identity and Access Management
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Check out our Engineering blog!
Back to top