- New York, NY
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
Compass is looking for a Salesforce Admin to join our team! This role will be responsible for contributing to the technical development, configuration, maintenance, and integration of the Salesforce platform. The ideal candidate will be able to provide solutions that are highly scalable, extensible, and easy to maintain while keeping the overall end user experience in mind.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with stakeholders, product and fellow technologists to proactively administer our salesforce instance
- Self-manage to come up with pre sprint technical design and grooming activities
- Drive user story analysis, elaboration and design. Ensure declarative implementation work meets user requirements and doesn’t degrade other business processes on the platform
- Build and maintain custom objects/ fields, validation rules, layouts, reports, dashboards, profiles, permission sets, sharing rules, chatter groups, lightning flows, email templates to optimize business processes
- Champion modular design, reuse, separation of concern, high cohesion and loose coupling
- Employ industry best practices to deliver world-class solutions. Ensure developed solutions remain compliant with all applicable standards
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and how they can be applied to Compass
- Enable change, help accelerate innovation and ensure customer delight
- Drive admin activities to meet schedules and timelines
- Support customer as first line filter for concerns and considerations
- Research problems discovered by Stakeholders, QA or product team and collaborate to develop solutions to the problems
- Ensure that software standards and quality targets are met
- Manage organization license, costs in collaboration with the engineering manager
- Maintain knowledge of latest releases and security concerns raised in each cycle for our implementation
- Salesforce.com App builder and Admin certifications required
- At least 3 years of experience administering salesforce organizations to meet business requirements
- Experience in working both classic interface and lightning interface.
- Experience in conducting gap analysis on existing processes and potential alternatives.
- Ability to use out-of-the-box SFDC functionality as well as building custom solutions or implementing app exchange applications
- Experienced with workflows/ process builders and lightning flows
- Experienced working with SOQL / SOSL Queries
- Experienced with User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Strong documentation and verbal/written communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Salesforce.com Advanced Admin certification preferred
- Familiarity with SOAP / REST APIs
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence a plus
- Experience with Jitterbit Data Loader is a Plus
- Experience with SFDC Devops tools such as gearset, ant, circleci, salesforce cli with sfdx
- Experience with working in an IDE such as Visual Studio Code and utilizing Salesforce DX
- Managing code via git source control and github best practices
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Back to top