Program Manager - Search
- New York, NY
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
We’re looking for a Program Manager who will play a key role in scaling out our Search experience across the country and maintaining a high quality for our users. This individual will work with Product Managers, Engineers (both on site and remote), Data Analysts and regional stakeholders to help collect requirements, coordinate feature rollouts, and ensure post-launch support. The right candidate will be an excellent project manager and communicator, able to work on and prioritize multiple work streams, technically able to diagnose and unblock individual efforts, passionate about software development, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused on solving problems for customers.
- Become an expert in regional search features, which includes the end-to-end user experience, but also the infrastructure needed to deliver it, like data structure, filter configuration, etc.
- Investigate and manage complex breakages and own driving timely resolution
- Help coordinate timelines across multiple product and business teams (e.g. Data, Listings, Search, regional product support, etc.) to deliver changes or resolve bugs
- Help drive the quality of our search product nationally by helping coordinate QA efforts and advocating for necessary roadmap changes to deliver a more reliable experience
- Measure search quality and functional parity to regional competitors, and drive to close gaps
- Proactively develop process and documentation to optimize as necessary
- Communicate timelines, updates, risks and new opportunities to leaders and stakeholders
- Establish excellent working relations with all partners with an emphasis on unblocking team members when they are stuck and providing day-to-day coordination
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience managing end-to-end lifecycle of technical projects
- Excellent communication skills, detail oriented and demonstrated ability to follow through on several complex projects simultaneously
- Possessing a “get things done” attitude and being scrappy to deliver on outcomes
- Proven ability to work directly with highly technical engineering teams
- Experience leading initiatives across functional boundaries
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills within a diverse, cross-functional team
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top