Office Administrator - Menlo Park
- San Francisco, CA
Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
From the morning essentials that get us started to the office space that inspires our productivity, the Office Administrator is there to make it happen. Your expertise lies in your positivity, approachability, and execution abilities in a rapidly changing startup environment ranging from top executives and real estate agents to engineers, new-hires, and interns. As Office Administrator, you will be the first impression for the entire organization and play a critical role in the daily operations of the office.
What you will do:
- Keep up on orders and stocking for the the great office snacks that we provide as well as supplies inventory.
- Ensure cleanliness and overall organization of all areas of the office, including reception, conference rooms, kitchen, and general common areas.
- Ensure facilities standards, security, and aesthetics are maintained by conducting daily quality-assurance walkthroughs, holding third party vendors accountable to their scope of services, and coordinating office repairs/services.
- Manage and execute the office’s standard operating procedures and tracking processes (including budgeting, SpaceIQ, Procurement, On-boarding, etc.).
- Manage internal communications including office updates and newsletter.
- Log, update, and close Zendesk tickets as per standard operating procedures (where applicable).
- Partner with various members of the Workplace Operations team and other parts of Compass on special projects and initiatives.
- Be a Compass Culture Champion by planning events such as lunches, happy hours and team meetings.
Who you are:
- You have a BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- You have 2-3 years of service experience with an emphasis on facilities, hospitality, corporate services, property management, or equivalent office management experience
- You possess a polished and warm communication style
- You are experienced in providing administrative support in a professional work environment
- You are experienced with Google Suite is a plus
- You have strong organizational skills, detail oriented
- You have demonstrated ability to handle multiple requests and work in a fast paced environment
- You are proactive and resourceful
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top