Mobile QA Engineer
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
As a Mobile QA Engineer, you will be owning and be responsible for ensuring the quality of feature area in the Compass mobile application. You will perform test execution and actively report bugs both during the development phase and complete routine regression/ exploratory testing on new features. You are an engineer who firmly believes that quality is everyone’s responsibility. You enjoy finding vulnerabilities and bugs in existing code, and you’re capable of working with a team to fix those issues for good. There is a strong likelihood that the manual testing will evolve into automated testing, so basic QA engineering experience is required.
At Compass You Will:
- Perform functional, cross platform (iOS & Android) regression tests in Alpha, Beta and Production Environments
- Identify, isolate, report and track issues to closure, in an issue tracking system
- Review requirements, and provide feedback on completeness, testability and other risk areas
- Review change requests and provide level of effort estimates of QA effort
- Provide regular status updates to our QA lead
- Partner with product owners and developers to identify areas for improved efficiencies
- Willing to learn declarative frameworks for writing tests to work themselves to be writing such automations
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of overall experience in software testing including functional, performance and UI
- You have 2+ years of experience in testing native mobile applications
- You have experience with test plan and test execution for mobile applications
- You have experience in testing UI flows and user experiences for mobile applications
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus across teams
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out our Engineering blog!
Back to top