Manager of Enterprise Sales
Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the country’s top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell and rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, and have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
Compass is looking for high energy, driven leaders with exceptional business acumen, authentic leadership qualities, strong organizational skills and natural sales instincts to hire, coach and lead a team within our Strategic Growth Organization.
You will be responsible for top-line-growth in your region through hiring, developing and coaching your direct reports on the Sales & Growth Team. Additionally, you will be expected to identify and execute against opportunities for upside and accelerated growth within your market.
- The team leader position plays a critical role in building the future of Compass and sets the tone for a high performing, motivated and productive Sales Team in their respective market.
- In its simplest form, the Enterprise Sales team’s role is to bring top producing agents to Compass by diagnosing the current state of each agents business with a consultative approach and presenting them with a tailored plan to help them solve for the current challenges they are facing today.
- Your team will look to you for guidance on all of the best practices for delivering a world class experience to all of the prospective agents. This includes, connecting with prospects, deep discovery, tailored presentations, strong negotiation and flawless closing.
- Executive leadership will rely on you to support our accelerated growth through hiring a team with best-in-class individuals who align to our core values and provide diversity to our ecosystem.
- Set local team strategy
- Lead and manage a Strategic Growth team to meet monthly goals: activity metrics, forecasted opportunities and revenue targets
- Build confidence & trust with direct reports as well as provide developmental feedback for continuous improvement
- Coach team members to develop their professional sales and other skills
- Collaborate well with other sales managers, directors & executives to aid the growth of the business
- Supervise & conduct training on skills improvement, product & technology topics
- Strong sales skills & ability to teach sourcing and sales strategies to new team members
- Maintain headcount via recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training new SGM's
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of Compass ecosystem tools, resources and technology
- Demonstrate Compass core values and leadership traits
- Understand leadership training styles and apply to interactions with direct reports
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum of 8 years of sales experience, with a minimum of 2+ years in sales management.
- B.A. or B.S. required, MBA preferred
- Proven experience in a scaling environment and the ability to adapt to an evangelical sale.
- Self-starters with track records of excellence across strategic, operational, and detail-demanding functional responsibilities
- Past experience in managing direct reports and leading teams
- A coachable leader, who’s willing and able to accept feedback
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
See Inside the Office of Compass
Started in 2013, Compass began with the mission to simplify the process of buying, selling, or renting a home. Co-founders Robert Reffkin and Ori Allon set out to revolutionize real estate through a simple, technology-powered platform that was transparent and efficient for every single user. After revolutionizing the New York market, Compass expanded to D.C., Maryland, and Virginia—and has plans to continue expanding nationwide.
Back to top