Manager of Commission Services - SoCal
- Pasadena, CA
Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have over 15,000 of the country’s top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell, and rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, and have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
We are looking for a Manager of Commission Services to join our fast-paced and quickly expanding Financial Services team. You will play a central role in supporting our California regional Finance organization, focusing on our commission processing operation for agents and working with regional Finance personnel to drive accuracy and timeliness of commission processing.
At Compass You Will:
- Lead a client-facing function and develop the growing Commission Services team
- Improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of the Financial Services’ organization’s mission -- specifically, make it as simple as possible for our Agents to get paid, so they can spend their time doing what they do best: selling real estate
- Assume responsibility for the accuracy and integrity of recorded revenue and commission payouts
- Oversee all transaction-related activity, including closing transactions in the system, issuing commission payments, processing referrals, and handling agent issues and requests
- Collaborate on company-level financial reporting
- Create processes and procedures to increase efficiency, speed, and quality of monthly revenue recognition
- Ensure that proper controls are operating effectively, and work with the rest of the finance team to drive improvements
- Build relationships with regional managers and work with them to efficiently and accurately prepare, verify and process commission disbursements
- Spearhead initiatives to improve the experience for our agents by evaluating the effectiveness of financial practices
What We're Looking For:
- Four to five (4 - 5) years of relevant experience, including at least two (2) years of management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance; MBA a plus
- Experience operating in a production environment, tasked with increasing throughput while maintaining high-quality standards
- Superior interpersonal communication, customer service, and analytical skills
- Ability to provide support with regard to finance-related questions and handle multiple tasks within an open and interactive environment
- Ability and desire to roll up sleeves and be hands-on in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and the ability to problem-solve with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated history of process improvement
- Positive, cooperative attitude; ability to work with multiple teams simultaneously, both internal and external
- Experience in real estate industry a plus
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top