IT Systems Engineer
- Hyderabad, India
IT Systems Engineer
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
We are excited to announce the opening of our new Hyderabad office. The new office will help with the expansion and growth of Compass engineering and will have a huge impact in bringing us closer towards our mission of helping everyone find their place in the world.
As an IT Systems Engineer, you will be involved in effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. You will be part of an Enterprise Technology Systems Team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available systems that meet business objectives and SLAs. Your primary responsibilities will focus on supporting Compass end users & infrastructure of Compass’ India-based office.
At Compass You Will:
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for Compass end users nationally/in-office as required or via remote support applications
- Address support tickets in accordance to department's SLA
- Implement security tools, policies, and procedures in adherence to Compass’ security protocols.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of internal knowledge base and end-user support guides
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Help improve overall IT systems, build processes, and efficiency
- Support the office's VOIP telephone system and network
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ Years of Experience in IT with at least 2 years as a Systems Engineer/Administrator
- Demonstrable skills and expert proficiency with Mac OS and iOS
- Deep understanding of Google Suite Administration, security protocols, Data Loss Prevention methodology
- Expert knowledge of JAMF Casper and Mac OS administration, patching, and security
- Experience configuring and administering IAM/iDP SSO solutions (OneLogin, Okta)
- Prior experience and knowledge of Mobile Device Management strategy and administration (Airwatch, MobileIron, Casper MDM)
- Hands-on experience with security standards, firewall configuration, deployment, and monitoring
- Experience with Cisco Meraki networking and Fortinet firewalls preferred
- Zendesk (or similar ticket management system) experience
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills- helpful and calm under pressure
- Proactive attitude, loves to work in a fast-paced environment where the toolset is continuously evolving
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out our Engineering blog!
Back to top