HQ Real Estate and Workplace Operations Manager
At Compass, we strive to create offices where our Agents and Employees can thrive in, and the HQ Real Estate and Workplace Operations Manager will be responsible for the real estate, facilities, and workplace operations at our HQ. As the HQ Real Estate and Workplace Operations Manager, you will help define the operational playbook and lead a team responsible running our national headquarters while working closely with internal stakeholders and local vendors. You would also be responsible for working with Projects team to find new spaces and collaborate on design and build of new spaces with a 3-5 year strategy in mind. You are a great fit for this role if you have managed a large, fast paced office and you are able to manage multiple high level projects, have an advanced understanding of vendor relations, and excel in problem solving.
You will have the opportunity lead the HQ Workplace team to further our mission by creating an environment for high performing teams that allows them to realize their true potential. Additionally, you will be responsible for managing your P&L, developing programs and managing a best-in-class team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Director of Real Estate and Workplace Operations to drive HQ specific strategic decisions, vendor management and national initiatives.
- Lead some of the space expansion projects from lease signing to working with architects, designers, GCs on getting the space ready.
- Develop, build and scale autonomous HQ capability, which includes but not limited to: Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors, work with finance to develop/review operating budgets, Create rigorous regional hiring practices and standard operating procedures by support function
- Generates conceptual solutions that respond to client's spatial requirements, physical planning constraints and corresponding IT, HR and compliance requirements.
- Build Robust Real Estate Portfolio - Work closely with our expansion team to ensure all new locations open on schedule and all local workplace staff are well versed and trained with office processes
- Create and Implement Office Utilization Reporting, key efficiency initiatives/improvements to maximize efficacy of office space utilization and keep costs down
- Develop and implement a universal security and access system for the offices throughout the region
- Develop operational moat for regions by creating the means and methods of delivery, define/enhance regional support offering and creating Quality Assurance
- Develop and maintain property management protocols including: maintenance of building and mechanical systems, janitorial service and supplies, and health and safety in a demanding environment that requires the highest level of service delivery
- Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
- 6-8 years experience in Workplace/Facilities Operations and real estate experience.
- At least 3-4 years experience as a people manager.
- Experience using business software programs including Google applications
- Experience managing budgets with strong financial, contract management and purchasing skills
- Experience growing an office from the ground up or prior experience in a high growth innovative organization
- Knowledge of interior design and architectural drawings required.
- Proven record of affecting strategic change and initiatives. Service-minded and strong customer service focus, flexible and open to new ways of doing business
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple requests and work in a fast paced environment. Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, meet deadlines and make sound decisions.
- Solid stakeholder management, leadership and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to influence at all levels
Back to top