Group Product Manager - Data
Compass is a technology-driven real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, and seamless.
Compass is expanding in technology and geographic reach and looking for a Group Product Manager on the Data team in Seattle. The ideal person will have the opportunity to impact one of the biggest decisions that every single consumer across the world must make -- where to live. In particular, our Group Product Manager will drive the delivery of major strategic and product initiatives for the Data team, and oversee the ingestion of all real estate information that powers our agent product applications and consumer website. You will collaborate closely with agents, engineering, legal, finance, and external partners to define product strategy, build roadmaps, and lead our product development efforts around key aspects of the Compass user experience. You’ll manage and mentor a team of Technical Program Managers and Product Managers to collect requirements, oversee development, and ensure post-launch support for data product initiatives. The right candidate will be an excellent product manager and communicator, passionate about software development, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and motivated to build a world-class data pipeline.
At Compass You Will
- Guide Compass to become the leading source of real estate information by expanding our geographical coverage, introducing new types of data and new data sources, and ensuring the quality of our data throughout our products
- Collaborate with engineering team to architect, build and maintain data infrastructure to ingest, extract, normalize and combine a growing number of datasets (our “data pipeline”) to create a comprehensive and actionable model of every real estate property available to be bought or sold
- Proactively manage key performance indicators across product initiatives, data integrations, and media processing services
- Collaborate across other product verticals to understand and evangelize the use of property data across the platform in various use cases
- Develop Technical Product Managers by helping to set product strategy for them and coaching them on the mechanics of being a great TPM
- Identify and negotiate with third-party vendors to acquire and ingest new data sources to strengthen our property profiles
- Understand Compass' strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology and products and an empathetic partner to our customers
What We Look For
- 10+ years experience in software product/project management roles building and launching successful data-driven products
- 5+ years experience of database or ETL design, implementation and maintenance is preferred
- Proven leader who knows how to manage and grow teams, with a track record of leadership success in top talent and high performance teams
- Strategic product thinker who examines the changing landscape and uses that information to define product strategy and prioritize the problems to solve
- Experience with architecting large-scale data schemas, building data pipelines, ETL tools, data conversion, and setting up processes to continuously measure the quality of rapidly-changing datasets
- Experience manipulating large raw datasets using tools/techniques such as SQL, pivot tables, lookups, etc.; experience with MySQL and/or Postgresql
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and an equal ability to work directly with highly technical engineering teams
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top