Group Product Manager - Agent Data & Deals Platform
- New York, NY
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
In this role, you will lead a team of product managers and data analysts to build Compass’ next generation agent data and commissions platform. This team is responsible for all databases, systems and services tied to agents’ contracts with Compass, the real estate transactions they participate in, and the commissions payments that must be processed and issued as a result. Paying our agents accurately and on time is a top priority, with executive-level visibility. Your team will build and maintain systems that are both critical to our business, and highly complex by nature of contract variability, regional nuance, and interrelated operational processes.
At Compass You Will:
- Manage, develop, and hire a team of all-star product managers and data analysts
- Be a champion of the customer - deeply understand, document, analyze, and synthesize customer needs into product priorities, roadmap plans, and detailed specifications
- Drive the product definition, strategy, and multi-year vision for new product areas within the company
- Spearhead key initiatives and drive cross-functional alignment across engineering, design, finance, and operations
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
What We Look For:
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field (Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related field)
- 8+ Years of experience with expertise in building scalable tools platforms
- Experience managing and developing a team of product managers
- Experience influencing product direction and others around you; you handle chaos, ambiguity and complexity in a detailed, organized way
- Scrappy, get stuff done mentality; no job is beneath you and you lead from the front
- Expert product instincts and an ability to balance user and business impact
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top