Group Product Manager
- Hyderabad, India
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
As a Group Product Manager at Compass you will be responsible for setting direction and driving major strategic and product initiatives. You will work closely with our senior leadership and agents to define product strategy, build roadmaps, and lead our product development efforts around key aspects of the Compass agent’s experience. You’ll manage and mentor a team of product managers and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team that includes UX Designers, Software Engineers and Product Marketing Managers.
At Compass You Will
- Drive Compass to create a best-in-class experience for surfacing our key real estate data via listings and buildings to our users
- Lead a product management team that works with cross functional partners comprised of engineering, design and user research
- Work collaboratively with the U.S. technology team to deliver products and features for Compass agents and clients in U.S. markets
- Work with agents, product marketing and product support to carefully understand and analyze user needs and turn those into a product plan, roadmap and detailed specifications
- Use detailed specifications as your foundation, collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new features that are highly usable
- Help define a vision and strategy for productivity software that enables agents to increase their reach and grow their business
- Mentor, coach and provide support to a team of product managers
- Understand Compass’ strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry
What We Look For
- 10+ years of product management experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of 3+ product managers and a portfolio of products
- Proven leader that knows how to manage and grow teams
- Deep understanding of what makes a great user experiences across native, desktop, mobile web, and tablet.
- Strategic product thinker - you can examine the changing landscape and use that information to define product strategy and prioritize the problems to solve
- Technically proficient and able to work closely and get buy in from engineers
- Excellent communication skills. Capable of effectively communicating both strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual project members. Being able to write clear and concise product requirements, status updates and product results.
- Experience working in the US or with remote teams is a plus.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top