Fullstack Engineer - CRM
- Washington, DC
Fullstack Engineer - CRM
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the “Artificial Intelligence” that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
We believe that the key to building great relationships is following up with the right people using the right message at the right time. The CRM Contacts Communications squad mission is to empower agents to build exceptional relationship experiences with their potential, current and past clients through effective, timely and personalized messaging. Our team cares about focusing on the RELATIONSHIP part of CRM. We are building tools that make agents outstanding communicators and workflows that convert leads into new business.
At Compass You Will:
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology and products and an empathetic partner to our customers
- Lead in the planning, development, and scaling of a microservice ecosystem that allows for rapid and independent development by many teams.
- Inspire, recruit and mentor your engineering colleagues.
- Lead by example in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies.
- Continually champion improvement by identifying ways to raise the quality bar of the team and systems around you.
Who You Are:
- 2+ years writing well-tested, high-performance, database-driven web applications and backends
- In-depth knowledge of Go or Ruby on Rails, along with their respective ecosystems.
- Experience with Redux, Typescript, NPM, Webpack is a plus
- Experience designing large systems: particularly web services and RESTful APIs, microservice architectures, and data ingestion with a particular emphasis on industry standard best practices.
- In-depth experience with one or more of PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Kafka.
- In-depth experience with Heroku and/or AWS
- In-depth experience with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out our Engineering blog!
Back to top