Compass, headquartered in NYC, is building the most advanced real estate technology in the world. Founded in 2012, Compass operates in 13 markets across the country with over 3,500 real estate agents nationwide. With support from top investors such as Softbank, Fidelity, Wellington, and IVP, Compass is experiencing massive growth and helping everyone find their place in the world.
As Compass experiences massive growth, we are looking for the best and brightest to drive strategic business decisions. The FP&A Analyst will assist with regular reforecasting, the annual budgeting process, cross-functional analysis, and special projects. The Analyst will provide support to the FP&A team including developing key reporting packages, cash / capital expenditure analysis, identifying and tracking KPIs, and other key projects. This role will report directly to the FP&A Lead.
At Compass You Will:
- Establish a deep understanding of the business and leverage data to build insights about our markets, products and competitors
- Contribute to profitability by providing the visibility and insights necessary to effectively manage regional and departmental P&Ls
- Developing reporting tools within Adaptive Insights and provide financial partnership to sales managers and general managers, e.g., provide sales managers and regional leadership with visibility into agent terms
- Design reporting packages that include trends on cash and regional level P&Ls
- Assist in creating the Annual Operating Plan (the Budget) and the company Long Range Plan
- Identify market sizes and potential expansion opportunities
What We’re Looking For:
- Ability to develop strong relationships with others and communicate effectively in meetings
- Must possess excellent analytical, financial modeling and presentation skills with the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations for senior management and other stakeholders
- Positive attitude and solutions-oriented approach. Ability and desire to be hands on in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Humble team player who understands the importance of the role as a key support partner to the operating team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Systems aptitude and process mapping skills strongly preferred
- Strong Excel modeling skills
- Proactive individual seeking additional responsibility at all times
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
See Inside the Office of Compass
Started in 2013, Compass began with the mission to simplify the process of buying, selling, or renting a home. Co-founders Robert Reffkin and Ori Allon set out to revolutionize real estate through a simple, technology-powered platform that was transparent and efficient for every single user. After revolutionizing the New York market, Compass expanded to D.C., Maryland, and Virginia—and has plans to continue expanding nationwide.
Back to top