Financial Business Systems Data Quality Manager
- New York, NY
Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the country’s top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell and rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, and have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
We are looking for an exceptional Data Quality Manager to join our rapidly expanding Financial Business Systems team. Positioned in our NYC office, you will play a central role in building a framework for allowing the business to effectively utilize and drive data quality. Your core focus will be to ensure the overall fitness of our financial systems data in order to provide a solid foundation for informing business decisions and initiatives. You will help define key business metrics and champion the need for strategic data collection and analysis across all of our business processes.
At Compass You Will
- Lead a team of data analyst(s) in building and maintaining data processing solutions, data models, data quality initiatives, and reports for supporting the organization
- Ensure continuity between multiple data sources and establish automated, streamlined processes for maintaining quality assurance
- Develop a data governance framework for defining and enforcing best data quality practices
- Leverage business intelligence tools and organizational structures to deliver accurate and useful information
- Identify and address data quality weaknesses and implement controls to combat outdated or unreliable data practices
- Measure the accuracy, completeness, consistency, and timeliness of our data
- Engage with business stakeholders on defining future data needs and data gaps in our current processes.
- Mentor and guide direct reports through 1:1 meetings and long-term career planning, provide formal performance reviews, and participate in hiring
- Foster a positive team culture of collaboration, passion, and open communication
- Provide support to the Financial Business Systems team to execute on departmental KPIs
What We're Looking For
- Three to five (3-5) years of relevant experience working in business intelligence, data modeling, data analytics or related roles
- One to two (1-2) years of experience managing a team, stakeholder expectations, and developing yearly roadmaps.
- B.S. in Computer Science or Information Systems, similar formal technical education (Mathematics, Statistics, etc) or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with BI tools - Tableau or Looker preferred
- Ability to synthesize complex data sets
- Strong business communication skills
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on meeting deadlines and addressing urgent situations
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out our Engineering blog!
Back to top