Engineering Manager, Search Tools & Metrics
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the “Artificial Intelligence” that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform real estate. In 2019 we will triple the size of our engineering team and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization.
About the Role
Real estate is fundamentally about matching demand with supply. Search represents the demand side of that economic equation. At Compass, we believe what you measure is what you improve. The Search Tools and Metrics team will be responsible for defining and measuring search success metrics. The team will build tools, experimentation frameworks, evaluation techniques etc to allow search engineering teams to rapidly iterate and build the world’s best real estate search experience for agents and consumers.
At Compass You Will:
- Be a subject matter expert in real estate search.
- Partner with search engineering teams to help define what success means for search. This team will be responsible for building fully-productized tools and evaluation frameworks that will allow search engineers to convert ideas into actionable data within days.
- Make direct technical contributions to ongoing projects.
- Lead and mentor engineers and tech leads.
- Foster excellent work environment and a fast-paced engineering culture of continuous data-driven improvement.
- Contribute to building top quality engineering teams and technology practices.
What We Look For:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience and 2+ years of management experience
- A highly technical, hands-on developer and an effective people manager with experience directly leading teams
- Experience in designing, developing, and maintaining modern applications, data pipelines on public clouds (e.g. AWS). Prior search domain experience is preferred.
- Proven track record of agile management with multiple engineering teams and products
- Excellent communication skills, utilized to collaborate both within Engineering and across all functions of the company to drive engineering initiatives
- Excellent mentoring and review skills to help engineers make technical and career progress
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience, MS/PhD preferred
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Check out our Engineering blog!
Back to top