Engineering Manager - Market Analytics
- Hyderabad, India
Compass (www.compass.com) is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
We are excited to announce the opening of our new world class office at Financial District, Hyderabad. The new office will help with the expansion and growth of Compass engineering and will have a huge impact in bringing us closer towards our mission of helping everyone find their place in the world.
India Development centre is the result of the vision of Joseph Sirosh who is a Silicon valley pioneer and the vision is being propelled further into a fast growing and expanding growth centre by Dr. Jaideep Ganguly and Raju Matta who are industry stalwarts with the best academic and experiential credentials.
About the Role
The Market-Analytics team is responsible for key technology products in the suite of Compass real estate tools. The mission for this team is to have our customers become instant experts in real estate and help agents, buyers and sellers with answering any question. We are building intuitive tools for our customers to understand complex real estate trends and help them make decisions easy. This requires us to collaborate with agents, the data team, product, design and AI team and continuously experiment with ideas, compute real time analytics from big data and build innovative algorithms to surface the right content. We strive to build the best question answer systems and the best visualizations and launch products that our customers transacting in real estate can’t live without.
Working in the Market-Analytics team will give you the opportunity to get in on the ground floor and play a key role in establishing game changing capabilities to product in its infancy. This is a ground floor opportunity and you will be instrumental in developing the platform, comprising the back end services, streaming and batch data processing jobs, and building real time services with hardened APIs. Along with this you would be developing algorithms to power scientific methods to the art of solving complex estate problems.
At Compass You Will:
- Lead the effort in developing and launching multiple new products from scratch.
- You will define engineering solutions written in modern JS frameworks, targeted for modern browsers, and backed by distributed and low latency backend services
- Lead and mentor engineers and also contribute with code.
- Build top quality engineering teams with an excellent engineering culture.
- Work with talented engineers, product managers, design engineers across geographies and have fun!
What We Look For:
- About 10 years of software engineering experience with 2+ years of people management experience.
- A highly technical, hands-on developer and an effective people manager.
- Proficiency in coding with an in-depth understanding of modern JS frameworks VM based language and/or Golang is required.
- Experience with advanced algorithms/data intelligence, public cloud platforms, streaming data pipelines and modern web frameworks.
- Experience with multiple well-known products throughout their life cycles, from idea conception to product release and maintenance
- Proven track record of fast paced development and delivering significant features in 2 week sprints.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to collaborate with stakeholders across geographies.
- Passion for excellence, “fire in the belly”, leading from the front, self driven.
- Excellent mentoring and low level engineering review skills to help engineers make technical and career progression.
- B.E./B.Tech/M.Tech/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Check out our Engineering blog!
Back to top