- Seattle, WA
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the “Artificial Intelligence” that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform real estate. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
About the role:
As an Engineering Manager for the Marketing Solutions & Automation at Compass, you will lead an engineering team to build state of the art technology that empowers real estate agents to market themselves and the properties they represent. You will work closely with our product team to bring our technology vision to life and assist agents to maximize their reach and revenue. You will use your strong technical skills to mentor team members and drive engineering excellence. You find immense value in the success of your team, emphasizing collaboration and facilitating continuous learning and improvement for the team and its members. You believe in continuously improving operational processes and procedures.
At Compass You Will:
- Be a subject matter expert in relevant technology and product domains
- Lead and mentor engineers and tech leads
- Lead the effort in developing and launching multiple new products, and maintaining and improving existing products
- Contribute technically to projects
- Contribute to creating an excellent work environment and engineering culture
- Contribute to building top quality engineering teams and technology practices
- Assist in designing, developing, shipping, and maintaining mobile experiences across platforms
What We Look For:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience and 2+ years of management experience
- A highly technical, hands-on developer and an effective people manager with experience directly leading teams
- Experience in designing, developing, and maintaining web applications, distributed backend systems or data platforms
- Proven track record of agile management with multiple engineering teams and products
- Excellent communication skills, utilized to collaborate both within Engineering and across all functions of the company to drive engineering initiatives
- Excellent mentoring and review skills to help engineers make technical and career progress
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience, MS/PhD preferred
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Check out our Engineering blog!
Back to top