Engineering Manager, Compass Experience (Consumer)
- New York, NY
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
As an Engineering Manager, you will be leading an engineering team to build state of the art technology that empowers people to make smarter real estate decisions. At a high level, you will be responsible for the consumer experience web application team. The consumer experience team’s charter is to help consumers navigate the hard process of choosing a real estate agent and buy, rent or sell at compass platform. The team is working on building a differentiated experience for anyone visiting compass.com on mobile (iOS/Android) and the web. The key components of your day-to-day work will involve working closely with our product team to bring our technology vision to life for both agents and consumers. You will use your strong technical skills to mentor team members and drive engineering excellence. You are passionate about designing and building scalable systems using cutting-edge technologies. You find immense value in the success of your team, emphasizing collaboration and facilitating continuous learning and improvement for the team and its members. You believe in continuously improving operational processes and procedures.
At Compass You Will:
- Be a subject matter expert in relevant technology and product domains
- Lead and mentor engineers and tech leads
- Lead the effort in developing and launching multiple new products, and maintaining and improving existing products
- Contribute technically to projects
- Contribute to creating an excellent work environment and engineering culture
- Contribute to building top quality engineering teams and technology practices
- Assist in designing, developing, shipping, and maintaining mobile experiences across platforms
What We Look For:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience, MS/PhD preferred
- 6+ years of software engineering experience building highly scalable customer-facing websites/applications and 3+ years of management experience
- A highly technical, hands-on developer and an effective people manager with experience directly leading teams
- Experience in designing, developing, and maintaining web applications, distributed backend systems or data platforms
- Possess strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to formulate data driven decisions that lead to results
- Proven track record of agile management with multiple engineering teams and products
- Excellent communication skills, utilized to collaborate both within Engineering and across all functions of the company to drive engineering initiatives
- Excellent mentoring and review skills to help engineers make technical and career progress
Check out our Engineering blog!
Back to top