Director Internal Communications - New York City
Compass is seeking a Director, Internal Communications to build and lead our Internal Communications function, reporting into the Head of Communications. You will be responsible for championing our employee- and agent-centric communications and fostering an open and transparent Compass culture. Working closely with our CEO and senior leadership team, you will develop and drive initiatives that make our team feel informed, engaged, and fulfilled by their work.
At Compass You Will:
- Build the Compass brand as an employer of choice for top talent and support the continued growth of the company as it expands to new markets
- Hire and manage an Internal Communications Associate and continue to grow the team in line with the business
- Evaluate the efficacy of existing communications content and channels, and build the right communications frameworks and tools as a foundation for the function
- Partner with senior leaders and the People & Culture team to develop and drive employee engagement initiatives
- Partner with executives to develop and distribute communications strategies and materials regarding organizational changes, new hires, departures and promotions
- Liaise with regional leaders in growth markets to ensure messages are communicated effectively
- Oversee the content and production of monthly all hands meetings
What We're Looking For:
- Significant experience as an internal communications expert
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to develop and execute multi-platform communications strategies
- Proven success working with senior executives on messaging and internal communication
- Ability to think creatively, approach communications with a fresh perspective and manage cross functionally essential.
- Intellectual curiosity, optimism, and grit
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
See Inside the Office of Compass
Started in 2013, Compass began with the mission to simplify the process of buying, selling, or renting a home. Co-founders Robert Reffkin and Ori Allon set out to revolutionize real estate through a simple, technology-powered platform that was transparent and efficient for every single user. After revolutionizing the New York market, Compass expanded to D.C., Maryland, and Virginia—and has plans to continue expanding nationwide.
Back to top