Director, Finance - West Region
- San Francisco, CA
Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the country’s top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell and rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, and have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
As Compass experiences massive growth, we are looking for the best and brightest to join our Finance team to drive strategic business decisions. The Director Finance, West Region will manage all aspects of the annual budget, quarterly forecasts, monthly reporting and data analytics, cross-functional business partnering, and special projects associated with our West Region. This role will report directly to the VP of FP&A.
What you will do:
- Establish a deep understanding of the business and leverage data to build insights about our markets, products, competition and economic environment impacting our business
- Facilitate the annual regional budget and quarterly forecast processes for the West region, including analysis of consolidated projections and preparing management-level presentations
- Serve as the finance business partner to regional presidents and regional teams in our West region
- Develop and deliver robust, consistent and accurate analysis of business performance using KPI dashboards and non-financial data to highlight performance
- Analyze data and facilitate sound management decisions through financial and metric reporting while highlighting material variances, trends, & risks/opportunities, and providing insightful commentary to the business and partners
- Support the FP&A Vice President in the development and ongoing improvement of the FP&A function, including driving consistency and improvement in business analysis and reporting
- Perform ad hoc analysis of financial data and business requests to monitor tactical decisions and enable strategic decision making
- Develop robust financial models and scenario planning to ensure more informed decision-making in the West region
Who you are:
- CPA/MBA/investment banking experience highly preferred
- 7+ years of analytical/finance experience
- Real Estate/Brokerage industry, Management Consulting experience is a plus
- Positive attitude and solutions-oriented approach
- Ability and desire to be hands on in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Ability to manipulate and model large volumes of data, interpret and identify pertinent issues
- Advanced proficiency level in Excel (advanced formulas; pivot tables; modelling, etc.) and PowerPoint (presenting information in a meaningful & concise manner)
- Adaptive, Tableau and NetSuite experience highly preferred
- CRM experience; Sales Force experience highly preferred
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking ability
- Excellent presentation skills
- Leadership capabilities for both of direct team and across peer group (finance and non-finance)
- Ability to work with and influence non-finance teams based on robust data and analysis
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties and strong attention to detail
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top