You are an engineer looking to join the DevOps team at one of NYC's fastest growing startups. You want to be a part of building out the technology platform for the entire Engineering department. Craftsmanship comes first, you want to build things that work, and work well. To you any problem worth solving is worth automating, and you believe that quality software and infrastructure design can solve most engineering problems. You look for the root cause of issues, and solve that rather than managing symptoms. You can't stand the idea of something breaking twice. You automate solutions, build monitoring and alerting for all your products, test your code, and generally do everything you can to prevent repeated failures.
You'll be joining a team that focuses on reliability and resiliency to build confidence in our products for users and increase developer efficiency and team autonomy to support our Engineering team in building valuable technology across the board. The Engineering team will be your primary clients, and you'll work with the team on the entire development stack; utilizing Java, Python, Node, Go, and tools that weave them all together like Thrift, gRPC, Bazel, Fabric, and more.
At Compass You Will:
- Develop and maintain the deployment tooling and infrastructure around our AWS platform
- Re-architect parts of our hardware and software stack for improved resiliency
- Work with other teams to design and architect projects as 'good citizens'
- Identify and implement tools / services that can help the Engineering team produce better software, quicker
- Design & educate engineering principles for your team & others
- Use common-sense security auditing and analysis
What We’re Looking For:
- BS in CS or equivalent
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Development experience in Python and/or Java
- Production container platform experience
- Experience with AWS (or equivalent cloud provider)
- Hands-on experience with databases such as MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Experience building tooling around monitoring or alerting platforms
- Previous experience growing a startup is great
- Previous experience with a configuration management is a plus (Fabric, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Saltstack)
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Check out our Engineering blog!
Back to top