Data Operations Manager
- New York, NY
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
The Data Product team’s mission is to envision, build, and deploy the next generation end-to-end platform for real estate data ingestion, processing, storage, serving, and analysis at massive scale to provide leverage for Compass. Every team and agent at Compass relies on our platform to make data-informed decisions as they grow their business on top of this strong foundation.
About This Role
Help Compass become the leading source of real estate information by ensuring the highest data quality standards are met, and that we have a world class Data Operations team. You will grow and lead a team of skilled Data Analysts and Support Specialists, to ensure we beat our high bar for quality and operational responsiveness, using a metrics-driven, continuous improvement approach. Your customer orientation will allow us to proactively address data quality issues, both large and small, in order to build trust with our customers and to help them grow their businesses. You will work cross-functionally with company leadership, product managers, engineers, data analysts, customer support teams, and others to grow and maintain the Compass data platform.
- Lead a team to proactively identify and mitigate data quality issues, and respond to data source changes or outages, as well as escalations from customers and other stakeholders
- Support our geographic expansion by measuring and improving quality as new types of data and new data sources are onboarded
- Monitor key data quality and operational support metrics, as well as customer feedback signals, to identify and advocate for opportunities to create additional value for our agents and their clients
- Prioritize data support operations needs based on impact, and an ability to establish trust and improve the overall customer experience
- Partner with Product and Engineering squads to continuously improve the breadth, depth, and capabilities of our data quality monitoring and operational support tooling
- Interface directly with customers and regional leaders to understand and craft solutions to specific data support needs in each of our geographical markets
What We Look For
- 8+ years experience successfully managing application, production, or data support teams
- Experience supporting data products with large-scale data schemas and using ETL pipelines/Kafka streams, data conversion components, and API interfaces
- Highly proficient in Zendesk, Jira, and customer feedback tools such as Canny
- Technically skilled and able to manipulate large raw datasets using SQL, Python, and/or advanced spreadsheet formulas
- Able to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- B.S. or similar in a technical discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) is strongly preferred
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top