Content Associate, Expansion
This role contributes to the day-to-day creation and dissemination of original content for the day-to-day marketing integration of boutique brokerage acquisitions.
You will be responsible for creating content—original stories, curated articles, commissioned photography, and videos—ideal for each environment, devising the optimal distribution strategy, and helping track the content’s impact across all networks.
You will help craft a distinct, integrated narrative about the Compass differentiation—its technology, growth, people, and services—to build our audience (buyers, sellers, renters, agents, developers), create traffic flow to our website and mobile app, and drive everyday interest around our brand.
You will be a valued contributor to Compass’ in-house Expansion Marketing Team, collaborating with other members of our content studio, as well as teammates across design, production, agent marketing, product, and public relations.
At Compass, you will:
- Support the marketing expansion team by driving engagement, audience growth, and web traffic across social platforms, print content, and digital content
- Report and write original, on-brand content across our owned channels and many formats: magazine articles, infographics, trend reports, landing pages, manuals, Neighborhood Guides, listing descriptions, newsletters, advertising campaigns, social posts, and marketing pieces intended for Compass clients, employees, and agents
- Survey and interview agents and company leaders to glean firsthand insights that drive internal- and external-facing projects
- Curate and storyboard imagery (photos, GIFs, short videos, infographics) for content channels, briefing and liaising with creative producers, designers, and agents
- Assemble first draft of team presentations, from celebrating big team initiatives at our company-wide meetings to packaging data and developing insights for quarterly analytics reports
- Assemble, write, and distribute company-wide communications that enable agents to leverage brand-level content nationally and empower them to excel at content creation and social media
- Generate new content ideas, pitching the Expansion Leadership team on concepts and shepherding them from ideation to launch
- Monitor social media engagement and responding appropriately while keeping content team abreast of the activity
- Play an active role in marketing and content meetings
What we’re looking for:
- 2-4 years of experience in content creation and social media at a brand, publication, or agency
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or Marketing
- Experience in a high-output, fast-moving, marketing or editorial environment
- Proficiency with Google suite and Keynote
- Experience using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Comfort learning new technical systems (Workfront, Medium, Slack, CMS, social analytics and scheduling tools)
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, moving quickly against precise directions and feedback
- Comfortable writing and editing copy within an established brand voice for high-quality, short-form content across numerous formats
- Passion for reporting, storyboarding, packaging ideas, and using words and images to tell distinct stories that touch on home, design, technology, data, and human interest
- Self-motivated, energetic, creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, and collaborative
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top