Compliance Auditor - Seattle
- Seattle, WA
Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the country’s top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell and rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, and have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
As a Compliance Auditor, you are responsible for ensuring that Compass is adhering to all real estate regulations on all real estate transactions. You will review and uphold compliance expectations according to standards and regulations imposed by legislation, state real estate agencies, multiple listing services, real estate trade associations, and internal risk management guidelines. You will work on a team of experienced real estate professionals that oversees all compliance and administrative details throughout the transaction process, spending most of the work day in a transaction management program reviewing files. Our Compliance Auditors provide reinforcement for transaction coordinators and allow our Agents to focus on building client relationships and advancing their businesses. Compliance Auditors play a critical role in ensuring our real estate transaction files are complete, managing the review process from the listing stage to the close of escrow. Your goal is to provide peace of mind for agents and clients by measuring agent file submissions against extensive transaction checklists established by the broker of record per ethical, contractual, and statutory guidelines, and generally ensuring that all files are fully compliant. You bring extensive experience and strong industry knowledge to each and every file you review.
- Conduct routine reviews of all open sales, lease and referral transactions to ensure that file reviews are occurring regularly
- Work with Transaction Coordinators collaboratively to enhance efficiencies
- Conduct a comprehensive review of commercial and residential listing, lease, and sale transaction files prior to the scheduled close of escrow or
- Ensure that each closing meets the “zero miss” compliance goal
- Ensure real estate contracts, disclosures, and advisories are processed properly and in a timely matter, with a focus on the details
- Managing and tracking contract deadlines to ensure all timelines are met
- Careful attention to file review requirements
Skills and Qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge of Real Estate Transaction Coordination - MLS, ZipForms, DocuSign, Google suite, public records, title reports, experience with Skyslope a plus
- 7+ years of real estate experience
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Real estate license required
- Customer service oriented personality
- “California” Real Estate knowledge preferred
- Impeccable attention to detail and problem-solving skills
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top