Compliance Auditor - Bay Area
- San Francisco, CA
Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the country’s top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell and rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, and have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
As a Compliance Auditor, you are responsible for ensuring that Compass is adhering to all real estate regulations on all assigned real estate transactions. You will review and uphold compliance expectations according to standards and regulations imposed by legislation, state real estate agencies, multiple listing services, real estate trade associations, and internal risk management guidelines. You will work on a team of experienced real estate professionals that oversees all compliance and administrative details throughout the transaction process, spending most of the work day in a transaction management platform reviewing files.
Our Compliance Auditors allow our Agents to focus on building client relationships and advancing their businesses. Compliance Auditors play a critical role in ensuring our real estate transaction files are complete, managing the review process from acceptance to the close of escrow. Your goal is to provide peace of mind for agents and clients by measuring agent file submissions against extensive transaction checklists established by the broker of record per ethical, contractual, and statutory guidelines, and generally ensuring that all files are fully compliant.
You bring extensive experience and strong industry knowledge to each and every file you review, combined with the ability to apply critical thinking skills and independent decision making abilities in order to determine the approval status of individual documents and each transaction file as a whole.
- Conduct critical reviews of all assigned pending sale transactions to ensure that each file is fully compliant with all applicable regulations and broker guidelines
- Conduct regular comprehensive review of transaction files prior to the scheduled close of escrow
- Review real estate contracts, disclosures, and advisories in a timely matter, with a focus on the details to ensure they are compliant with regulatory requirements and broker guidelines, and communicate effectively when they are not compliant
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with stakeholders across the organization to ensure compliance needs are met while maintaining a service-oriented style of communication
- Managing and tracking contract deadlines internally to ensure all timelines are met for compliance review purposes, and escalating appropriately when they are not
- Respond to all compliance related inquiries within one business day and exercise a sense of urgency with all assigned matters
- Careful attention to each file review to ensure any and all errors or non-compliant items are caught and handled appropriately (“zero-miss” compliance goal)
Skills and Qualifications:
- California Real estate license required
- 7+ years of real estate industry experience
- Ability to apply industry knowledge and experience and use independent judgment and discretion to make decisions on document and file approvals and when communicating with other organization stakeholders regarding compliance matters
- Ability to manage a high-volume of pending sale transactions at any given time while maintaining accuracy and timeliness of reviews
- In-depth knowledge of Real Estate Transaction Coordination - MLS, ZipForms, DocuSign, Google suite, public records, title reports, experience with SkySlope a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to communicate effectively with other organization stakeholders with a customer-service oriented style of communication
- Impeccable attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and time management skills
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top