Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the country’s top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell and rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, and have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
As a Commission Specialist, you will be an integral member of our dynamic and growing Finance team and will assume responsibility for reconciling and processing commissions for sales and rental real estate closings, for our New York area market. You will ensure accuracy and timely completion of all commission processing. You will play a critical role in the day-to-day operations of the company, interacting daily with agents and the Finance and Accounting team.
At Compass You Will:
- Issue commission payments to agents, while tracking referral payments and agent deductions
- Process closed transactions using a real estate transaction system
- Collaborate with our Financial Systems Team to help us build a better real estate transaction system
- Ensure all commission calculations are correct and compliant with policy
- Request stop payment on agent commission checks and process any corrections and adjustments
- Provide support to agents in response to inquiries regarding commission payouts, deductions, and commission calculations
- Be prompt in answering correspondence from the agents and sales managers
- Process changes to agent commission splits and perform an annual review of commission payments
- Navigate company systems to validate accuracy of commission calculations and records
What We Look For:
- BA or BS degree
- 3+ years of experience, in an accounting or payroll function, commissions or sales environment preferred
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Impeccable attention to detail and solid customer service instincts
- Be comfortable with new system rollouts
- Prior experience in real estate is preferred
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top