As the Commission Specialist, you will be an integral member of our dynamic and growing Finance team and will assume responsibility for reconciling and processing transactions for sales and rental real estate closings. You will ensure accuracy and timely completion of all sales-related contract and commission data processing. You will play a critical role in the day-to-day operations of the company, interacting daily with agents and the Finance and Accounting team.
At Compass You Will:
- Assist with the implementation of a real estate transaction system in NYC and across all markets
- Process contracts and closed transactions using a real estate transaction system
- Generate prompt and compelling sales and production reports to distribute to regional sales managers
- Issue commission payments to sales agents, while tracking referral payments, agent loans and deductions
- Ensure all commission calculation is correct and within policy
- Request stop payment on agent commission checks; process corrections and adjustments
- Provide support to Office Managers in response to inquiries regarding commission payouts, deductions, and commission calculations
- Be prompt in answering calls from the agents and office managers
- Process changes to agent commission splits; annual review and change in commission tables
What We Look For:
- BA or BS degree
- 5+ years of experience, in an accounting or payroll function, commissions or sales environment preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong quantitative skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Impeccable attention to detail and solid customer service instincts
- Prior experience in real estate a plus
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
See Inside the Office of Compass
Started in 2013, Compass began with the mission to simplify the process of buying, selling, or renting a home. Co-founders Robert Reffkin and Ori Allon set out to revolutionize real estate through a simple, technology-powered platform that was transparent and efficient for every single user. After revolutionizing the New York market, Compass expanded to D.C., Maryland, and Virginia—and has plans to continue expanding nationwide.
Back to top