- Miami Beach, FL
Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have over 15,000 of the country’s top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell and rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, and have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
As a Commission Specialist, you will be an integral member of our dynamic and growing Financial Services team and will assume responsibility for reconciling and processing commissions for sales and rental real estate closings, for our Florida markets. You will ensure accuracy and timely completion of all commission processing. You will play a critical role in the day-to-day operations of the company, interacting daily with agents and the Finance and Accounting teams.
At Compass You Will:
- Process commission payments to agents, while tracking referral payments and agent deductions
- Navigate company systems to validate accuracy of commission calculations and records
- Work closely with accounting to review and audit commission records in the accounting system
- Provide support to agents in response to inquiries regarding commission payouts, deductions, and commission calculations
- Collaborate with sales managers and other support teams to offer outstanding support to the agents
- Partner with the Accounting team to research and respond to commissions inquiries impacting the monthly financial statement close
- Collaborate with the Product & Engineering Team to help us build a better real estate transaction system
What We Look For:
- BA or BS degree
- 3+ years of experience in a real estate transaction-processings function, accounting, or payroll function preferred
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of agent’s contract data
- Work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Impeccable attention to detail and solid customer service instincts
- Be comfortable with new system rollouts
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top